- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 1 (20-ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 chopped sauteed onion
- 1 chopped sauteed bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- Combine above ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for thirty minutes.
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1 cup of red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Shred Brussels sprouts, carrots and red cabbage.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix in with vegetables.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chocolate chips, 2 Hershey's chocolate bars, chopped or M&M'S
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl stir together butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla and cocoa.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir chocolate chips and walnuts, if using, and stir to distribute evenly.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.