Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spring 2011 Recap Letter

Dear Taste Buddies,

What a class! We mixed, we shredded, we chopped... we even blended! I am so impressed with each and every one of you. I can’t believe how soon this semester has come to a close.


There were so many highlights from class. From the time we used the big KitchenAid Mixer together as a group, to the time we pressed the buttons on the blender, we were on a culinary adventure! We made fruit dishes, veggie dishes, pasta dishes, and even spaghetti tacos. Yes, that’s right. I said spaghetti tacos.

I am so proud of everybody and all of their hard work. The Taste Buddies students were willing to try anything, and it was astounding to watch such young folks enjoying cooking and sharing together.


My favorite part was always near the end of class, when we went around the room and shared what our favorite part of the class was. During that moment it felt like we were a family, sitting down and sharing a meal together. I am so grateful for all the wonderful families who took part in the class. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Thank you so much -- it was such a gift to teach this class!

May you have many more adventures in the kitchen,
Miss Meghean

No comments:

Post a Comment