Monday, August 27, 2012

Thank you, Miss Sam

September Team Member of the Month: Miss Sam


Miss Sam has been a ray of sunshine for Bubbles Academy since she began in early 2011. She will be bringing her glowing energy and animation as a lead teacher in both Bubble Bees and Bubble Step during our First Fall Session.

We are delighted to soon kick off September by recognizing Sam as our Team Member of the Month. We sat her down for a Q&A!

What was one of your favorite pastimes as a child?
I was a competitive dancer for many years. Tap was my specialty! My first trip to Disney World was for a national competition (where my dance company placed gold and we even snuck in a bit of ride time).

The academic theme in Bubble Bees during First Fall session is Occupations. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I was very inclined to become Miss America and definitely a Rockette — they lowered the height requirement to 5’7”, which I had reached by the 5th grade!

What do you enjoy about teaching at Bubbles Academy?
It is a daily joy to receive hugs from the most precious group of people — young children! I get to lead both Jedi Knight and Rock Star training at work!

I greatly value my time spent in the Bubble Step & Bees classrooms. Helping these little ones to reach a new level of confidence is so rewarding! Both students and their caregivers are so proud when no grown up is needed in the classroom. It is wonderfully exciting to play an active role in a student’s progress towards independence.

What is your favorite class activity?
Get messy (but of course clean up together after)!

What do you take pleasure in outside of the Academy?
My dog Chewbacca and I love to take adventures outside together, and as an actress, I get a kick out of watching reality television in my spare time!

What is something you are truly passionate about?
I strive to be an activist for Crohn’s Disease research and awareness. It’s a condition that affects me daily, but it has also taught me the value of positivity and persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment