Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book of the Week: "Once Upon a Cloud" by Rob D. Walker

As soon as I stepped outside this morning, I knew it... fall is here for sure! As much as I love working up a sweat, peddling my blue bike about in the summer, I am looking forward to the cool weather of fall. Riding to Bubbles Academy this morning, I was struck by all the gorgeous clouds in the sky!! So how could I resist picking one of my favorite cloud books to recommend for all of our Bubble Bookworms?

The book is Once Upon a Cloud written by Rob D. Walker and beautifully illustrated by Matt Mahurin. Whimsical is the word that immediately comes to mind when I think of this book. Mahurin's joyful and mellow illustrations pair seamlessly with Walker's charming rhyming riddles. Readers travel on a fantastical adventure as they seek to find what those white puffy things in the sky truly are and where they are made.
"Are clouds mashed potatoes? That sure would be great! They'd drop from the sky and land on my plate." 
I know your little one will have a ball deciding "Yes!" or "No..." after each creative suggestion and older bookworms will have a blast coming up with their own creative stories! So put on your hoodies, grab a blanket, lay back in the park and let those imaginations soar while you read this dreamy cloud tale.

Or... beat the chilly fall weather and join Miss Becca as she reads Once Upon a Cloud at Open Play Story Time this Thursday at 3:00 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment