- 1 pound sea legs or any chunk artificial crab meat
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces seafood spread, optional
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (about 6, green part too)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package wonton skins
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Place crab meat, cream cheese, seafood spread, scallions, salt, onion powder and sugar into food processor and mix into a lumpy paste. If food processor is not available, chop crab and onions very fine and mix with softened cream cheese, salt, and sugar.
- Place teaspoonful of mixture in middle of a wonton skin.
- Moisten edges and draw up opposite corners to meet and form a package. Make sure all edges are sealed.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Spring roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 head of green cabbage, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup thin noodles, pre-cooked (use rice, Chinese or bean thread noodles)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (use cilantro, basil or mint, your choice)
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated or julienned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- Toss together all ingredients together except wrappers in large bowl.
- Submerge spring roll wrappers in hot water until pliable, about 15 seconds.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of mix on wrapper and wrap your spring rolls.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
- 3/4 (16-ounce) jar plum jam
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine jam, vinegar, brown sugar, dried onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice or short grain rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 (6-ounce) carton vanilla yogurt
- 10 orange sections
- 20 fresh raspberries
- Cooking spray
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Place rice in a large bowl then add sugar, coconut milk, and salt.
- Stir gently until well combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Coat hands with cooking spray and divide rice mixture into 20 equal portions.
- Lightly press each rice ball into an oval; place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Top 10 of the rice ovals with 2 raspberries each and the remaining 10 with 1 orange section each, press to adhere.
- Cover and chill frushi until ready to serve. Serve with yogurt for dipping!