In the Emmerich household, we all snuggled into bed with our brand new "embarrassing Christmas pajamas" to read The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg every year. We started that tradition when I was just a wee one like your bookworm, and we still read it to this day.
I asked the rest of the staff at Bubbles about some of their favorite holiday reading recommendations. Here's what they said:
- Art guru Miss Meghean always associates Puss in Boots and Angelina's Christmas by Katharine Holabird with the holidays.
- Our Office Manager, Miss Kate, recommends Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins by Eric A. Kimmel. She couldn't believe she remembered it, but has many fond memories!
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is a favorite of our Bees teacher, Miss Victoria, and her siblings.
- "I remember I really liked the pictures in the The Snowman [by Raymond Briggs]," says our Art and Music Teacher, Miss Sam.
- Our Membership Coordinator, Miss Megan, loves The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever by Steve Kroll.
- Bubbles Academy's owner, Gregoire Klees-Johnson, loves the classic tale of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. There's a great picture book version of the claymation classic!