ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALSA
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced small
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- Coarse salt
- Pita chips
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss together sweet potato, onion and olive oil. Roast until sweet potato is tender (20 minutes). Let cool.
- Add tomato, cilantro, lime juice and coarse salt. Toss mixture.
- Serve with pita chips!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F with a baking sheet in it, to ensure the underside of the falafel balls get browned.
- Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl.
- Add flour and tahini and combine well.
- Mash chickpeas, making sure to mix ingredients together into thick paste.
- Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Flatten slightly.
- Paint falafel balls with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until falafels are a nice golden brown.
- Let cool before serving in lettuce wraps topped with tahini sauce (or a little ranch dressing).
- 16 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- Place one wafer cookie in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over wafers in cupcake papers.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until golden and set.