- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, preferably sea salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F, with racks in center and lower positions.
- Divide sweet potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Drizzle with oil, toss, and spread them in a single layer on sheets.
- Bake, flipping once, until centers are soft and edges are crisp, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, and serve with lime wedges.
BLACK BEAN BURGERS:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Sauté the onions till soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans until almost smooth.
- Add sautéd onions and the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Form bean mixture into patties, approximately ½ inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm.
- Make veggie burgers and enjoy!
- Chop cantaloupe
- Skewer cantaloupe pieces and blueberries on a kabob stick. Enjoy!