Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WEEK ONE: Recap!

Happy New Years! Forget the black-eyed peas- we started off Taste Buddies with macaroni and cheese. We also made an apple salad and s'more pastries. It was a delicious way to celebrate the new year!


MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON:
Mac and Cheese is one of my favorite things to  make with kids. It is super tasty and it is really fun to let them help you shred the cheese. If you would like to make smaller portions for your child, you can always have them scoop the mac and cheese into cupcake wrappers and bake the mac and cheese in a muffin tin.

AUTUMN APPLE AND SPINACH SALAD:
I could not believe how much the Taste Buddies liked eating the bleu cheese in the salad! I was so impressed with how willing they were to try a new smelly cheese. Feel free to add a bit of red onion
to this salad as well. I suggest making a lot of the dressing and using it all week! It's one of my favorites!

PEANUT BUTTER S'MORE TURNOVERS:
We used real vanilla marshmallows in this recipe instead of marshmallow creme. I think this is a great recipe for a kids' party or a backyard camp out!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment