- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 8 deep, 7-ounce pottery custard cups, or popover pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy using a mixer on low, then beat in the milk and butter.
- At low speed, beat the flour and salt into the egg, milk, and butter mixture.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the batter into each of the greased custard cups. Bake for 1 hour.
- Make a slit in each to let out steam; bake 10 minutes more. Remove from oven, and from cups.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- Flavoring of your choice (strawberry jam, maple syrup, orange marmalade, raspberry jam)
- Mix butter and flavoring at a 1:1 ratio.
- Serve immediately on your favorite baked goods, and refrigerate leftovers.
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or peaches)
- Combine ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smoothie is desired consistency.