- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Beat eggs in small bowl with fork or whisk until yolks and whites are well mixed.
- Heat butter in 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat until butter is hot and sizzling. As butter melts, tilt skillet to coat bottom with butter.
- Quickly pour eggs into skillet. While rapidly sliding skillet back and forth over heat, quickly stir eggs with a fork to spread them continuously over the bottom of the skillet as they thicken. When they are thickened, let stand over heat a few seconds to lightly brown bottom of omelette.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Tilt skillet and run a spatula under edge of omelette, then jerk skillet sharply to loosen omelette from bottom of skillet. Fold omelette over and turn onto warm plate.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whip heavy cream quickly with a wire whisk until it is slightly thickened.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to whip until cream forms soft peaks. Don’t whip beyond the soft-peak stage, because the cream will get stiff and curdle.
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon or ginger
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the carrots and slice into 1/4-inch half moons.
- Place the sliced carrots in a steamer basket or in gently simmering water.
- Cook until fork-tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain carrots and reserve pan.
- Add butter, maple syrup, and spices to pan.
- Once butter is melted, add carrots back to pan.
- Toss to coat carrots and add salt to taste.