- 2 slices white or wheat bread
- One or more of the following: grape jelly, bananas, Nutella, honey, apricot jelly, cheese, chips
- Spread one or more of your favorite ingredients onto one piece of bread, then the other.
- Stack bread pieces on each other to make a sandwich.
- 2 cups criss-cross corn/rice cereal (like Crispix)
- 1 cup tiny pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar crackers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ginger stir fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Combine butter and next 4 ingredients; drizzle over cereal mixture, tossing to coat. Spread into jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp, stirring twice.
RED, WHITE & BLUE CUPCAKES
- White cake mix, and ingredients needed
- Food coloring (red and blue)
- Baking cups
- Whipped cream
- Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among two small bowls.
- Add red food coloring (about 50 drops) to one bowl and blue food coloring (about 35) to the other.
- Line 16 muffin pan wells with baking cups.
- Evenly distribute the red batter among the cups, then the blue. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the back of your white cake mix box.
- Before serving, remove paper wrap, and top each with a whipped-cream cloud.