- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If
baking, preheat oven to 375°F, and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic; stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side.
- If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
- 6 cups coarsely chopped English hothouse or Persian cucumbers (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 large tomatoes (about 1 pound total), coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 cup assorted pitted olives (such as Kalamata or Gaeta), halved
- 1 (7-ounce) package feta, crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, olives, half of feta, and mint in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil and lemon juice in a small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining half of feta over salad and serve.
APPLES & FRUIT DIP
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy butter
- Chop apple into slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients to create dip.
- Serve apples with dip.