Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week SEVEN: Recap!

Black bean burgers were the main course on the menu today. These are one of my favorite meals to throw together when I have nothing in the fridge and I'm low on time. We also made a delightful Mediterranean salad and a fruit dip for apples. It was a healthy, tasty adventure today in Taste Buddies!

BBQ VEGGIE BURGERS:
These are such a fun, easy way to put dinner together when you feel like you don't have a lot of time or are just plain tired! They taste great, and they are fun for kids to help you in the kitchen with because they can use their hands to mash and shape the burgers together. I definitely recommend trying these at home!

MEDITERRANEAN SALAD:

This is one of those salads that I never think to make, but I wish I did... because it tastes so good in the summertime! Cucumbers are great for kids to chop, and the feta cheese adds a nice punch of flavor to the salad. We pretended the feta was snow that we were sprinkling on our salad. So fun!

APPLES & FRUIT DIP:

I love anything with soy butter, and this fruit dip is a fun way to spruce up an apple or banana. I also think it would taste great with celery. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment