- 1 cake of compressed yeast or envelope of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In bowl, dissolve cake of compressed yeast or envelope of dry yeast.
- Add water, sugar, salt and flour (enough so the dough is not sticky).
- Knead dough until smooth.
- On lightly floured board, cut off small pieces of dough. Roll in ropes and twist.
- Bake on a lined cooking sheet until golden brown.
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken (no bones)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 3 cans of water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 potatoes, chunks
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Green beans
- Yellow beans
- In a large pot, sauté the celery and onion in oil until soft.
- Add broths, chicken and water (use chicken broth can to measure 3 cans of water). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Add potatoes. Let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add vegetables; any favorite will do, frozen or fresh.
- Simmer an additional 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
NOTE: Corn starch can be added as a thickener.
BANANA ROLL UPS
- 1 banana
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon soy nut butter
- 1 tablespoon melted chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds or until soft.
- Stir chocolate mixture with soy butter.
- Spread on to tortilla.
- Slice banana in half length wise, and put one half on tortilla.
- Roll up like a burrito.